- Seek and secure new business opportunities by showcasing thought leadership and industry knowledge to initiate new conversations with potential and existing clients.
- Establish and execute pursuit strategies to attract and retain new business.
- Proactively coordinate with MESH teams to learn about and explore potential leads.
- Establish strategies to achieve defined agency growth targets.
- Consistently meet or exceed quarterly business development goals.
- Develop key partnerships and relationships in identified target markets to position MESH as a trusted resource for innovative solutions.
- Direct agency efforts to identify and pursue qualified, compelling opportunities and new business that aligns with the agency vision, goals and growth targets.
- Research and understand potential clients’ persuasion and learning types to inform pitch strategy.
- Lead the development of proposals, responses to RFPs, and pitch meeting materials, including selecting team members to meet with new clients on project proposals and secure contracts.
- Develop client strategy 1-pagers to prepare teams for pitch meetings with new potential clients.
- Follow up on pitch meetings, proposals or other correspondence related to potential new business.
- Develop a protocol and metrics for reporting projects of likelihood of success for new business proposals, including anticipated revenue and timeframe for work to begin.
- This information should be periodically updated to reflect shifting timeframes and new information received indicating a win or loss on the new business. (6 months after start date for draft one)
- Notifying team leaders of a successful proposal, transferring information regarding timeline and scope of services and meeting with the team that will be handing the project/client to explain client expectations and any other key information gleaned in the business development phase of the client relationship.
- Secure mailing lists, media contracts, costs for agency promotional items.
- Support Brand Managers/Coordinators in efforts to provide excellent customer service to new and existing clients.
3-5 years of industry related experience.