This short brief piggy-backs off of the universal brief (unless you’re working on a media-only client) and gives our media department the tools they need to put together a holistic and comprehensive media buy based on the clients’ needs and budget.
You or the project manager can prepare the media brief in Word based on discovery notes and proposal line items
Tailor each brief to the client’s needs. The main sections of media briefs include:
- Tell us about this request in less than four sentences.
- Who are we targeting? Please be as specific as possible and include any demographic. info.
- How does the target audience find out about this client? (Word of mouth, web, etc.)
- Goals. What does success look like for this client?
- What is the client currently spending on media and what media are they running on?
- Has their current media been successful. If yes/no, Why?
- What is the clients budget (please specify media versus production)?
- Are there any time considerations for when the media will run?
- What is the call to action? (If Any)
- How will we track success?
- Is there anything else that Laurie needs to know about when planning for this client.
- Are there any trade/added value opportunities to leverage media dollars when planning?
- What is your recommended media mix?