Once discovery is completed, you will put together a production calendar that outlines project milestones. I recommend sending this prior to sending the brief for approval so that you are setting expectations for deliverables at the onset of each project.
You or the project manager can prepare the production calendar on Excel based on the client’s timeline as discussed in discovery. You can find previous production calendars in each client’s folder.
The production calendar should include (on average/ideally) each line item on the proposal which may include:
- MESH: production time before sending proof 1
- 1-2 weeks for concept, copy and/or design
- 1 week for website site map
- 4-6 weeks for website design/build
- 1-2 weeks for radio script
- 4-6+ weeks for video pre-production
- CLIENT: Send proof 1 to client and allow 1-2 weeks for feedback
- MESH: Allow 1 week for MESH to revise
- CLIENT: Send proof 2 to client and allow 1 week for feedback
- MESH: Allow 1 week for MESH to finalize/send to client.
- 3-4 weeks for brand audits/cx audits
- 4-6+ weeks for marketing/media plans
- Note that marketing plan should be given to Director of Media ~2-3 weeks before final media plan is due.
- Denote week of plan/audit presentation on production calendar