Most proposals include a discovery for us to get to know the client, but this is always contingent on the client’s budget and whether or not it was included in the scope of work.. Once a proposal is signed, we need to schedule a discovery meeting with the client.
Prepare the deck for the discovery meeting. You can usually repurpose a previous discovery deck from the server (MESH > MESH FILES > PowerPoint Presentations).
- If needed, make sure the website discovery questions are included.
- Do some background research on the new client to create preliminary Adjectives and Verbs for these slides of the discovery deck.
- If a creative concept/campaign is involved, check with a creative or a strategist to see if they have ny additional questions to ask the client.
- If presenting outside of the MESH office, be sure to save the deck to your computer and bring the presentation bag with the correct wires/hook-ups.
- Invite pertinent team members based on the scope (i.e. media, strategy, social, etc.)
- Brand manager or project manager should take notes during discovery meeting.
- Bill time to Discovery job on Harvest.
- Things to be sure to ask:
- If media plan(s) is/are involved, be sure to discuss the client’s budget range.
- Discuss timeline the client is comfortable with.